Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Samba AD PDC Password Change Errors

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
superchief

Samba AD PDC Password Change Errors

#1 Post by superchief »

Hi Everyone,

I have setup a samba Active Directory PDC to essentially eliminate the cost of using a Windows PDC. There are other reasons but I won't go into those now.

So everything works fine apart from a couple of things that are bugs in samba until 4.2 which isn't stable yet on debian (so i read).
The one thing that doesn't work is users trying to change their passwords. I can change them from either the PDC or through Windows users and groups. If a user tries to change it they will get the message:

"Mutual Authentication Failed. The server's password is out of date at the domain controller".

I have a funny feeling that this is a red herring but something is a miss. The packages I have installed and configured are:

samba
smbclient
smbldap-tools
ntp
krb5-user
krb5-admin-server
winbind

I provisioned the domain using samba-tool domain provision, i have configured kerberos and users can log in fine....it is simply changing passwords that are the issue. I am not sure if this is a samba config issue or where it is. If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I would hate to have to fall back to a Windows PDC.

Below is my samba config, the [domain] is of course an actual domain on the server.

Samba Config:

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = [domain short]
realm =[domain]
netbios name = BILBO
server role = active directory domain controller
dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
logon path = \\%L\users\%U
# pam password change = yes
logon home = \\%L\users\%U
wins support = no