Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Program closing with a domain socket error

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
No_windows

Program closing with a domain socket error

#1 Post by No_windows »

All of a sudden I got this error last night. when trying to make an "exit" entry for my minimal Openbox/Debian VM. Restarting the VM wouldn't make the problem go away either....... I hate doing that since that's so M$ Windows.

Code: Select all

Geany tried to access the Unix Domain socket of another instance running as another user.
This is a fatal error and Geany will now quit

Too tired to work on it last night, I waited until today. Apparently, I must have saved a script while using Geany under the root user started from the terminal....or maybe it was because a started Thunar from the terminal, and then Geany? I don't recall what I did.....

I had an idea it was a problem with privileges, since Geany was only having issues under my user account, but didn't know where specifically to start, so I just Googled the error message. All I needed to do was delete the socket file in .config/geany that I think was created under root. It works fine now. It was an easy fix, so that's why I'm posting in the beginners section.

I still don't have a working "exit", but I've got an idea, and depending where that goes, I may start another thread.