Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How can I install PPAPI flash for Chromium?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Soul Singin'

Re: How can I install PPAPI flash for Chromium?

#16 Post by Soul Singin' »

stevepusser wrote:If you think that Chromium can play mp4 HTML5 video by default in Debian, you're mistaken.
So many websites autoplay their videos that some people would consider that a feature.

But alas Chromium 73 on Debian Buster just played the MP4 HTML5 test video on this "HTML5 Video Test Page." It played all of the other videos too. They all played "out-of-the-box," i.e. with the default configuration.

kevinthefixer

#17 Post by kevinthefixer »

Soul Singin' wrote:
stevepusser wrote:If you think that Chromium can play mp4 HTML5 video by default in Debian, you're mistaken.
So many websites autoplay their videos that some people would consider that a feature.

But alas Chromium 73 on Debian Buster just played the MP4 HTML5 test video on this "HTML5 Video Test Page." It played all of the other videos too. They all played "out-of-the-box," i.e. with the default configuration.
Yes, even geek-oriented sites do that. I'd have thought CNet would know better, but I'm thinking I'll unsubscribe.

stevepusser

#18 Post by stevepusser »

Since Stretch also has the same version, it should also now be able to play the formerly restricted codecs. But I can't find anything relevant in its changelog about codecs, mp4, ffmpeg, h.264, or html5.
MX Linux packager and developer