Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

ati graphics help

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
dumbassdeb

ati graphics help

#1 Post by dumbassdeb »

Hi all. Have been chasing my tail 4 a wk & am tired of it. I love debian! I want 2 get rid of windows & use deb 4 my primary system. Can not get sleep or hibernate to work right. Keeps coming back on to black screen. Have compaq 6715b laptop, ati radeon x1250 rs690m embedded graphics,using debian8.6 &running driver that came with it. Xorg,right? Any help would be appreciated. Am sure you get tired of newbies,sorry.

dumbassdeb

Re: ati graphics help

#2 Post by dumbassdeb »

Don't every one jump in at once, your making my head spin

GarryRicketson

#3 Post by GarryRicketson »

Can not get sleep or hibernate to work right on Debian

dumbassdeb

#4 Post by dumbassdeb »

Thank you for the help. There is a lot to read from your posted help so i may be back. As i said, i had been working on it quite a while.

I didn't mean to be rude or whatever you think i was being. I thought i was being funny, but apparently i ruffled some feathers. i apologize for any inappropriate behavior and will watch what i say in the future. Again, thanks for the help.

GarryRicketson

#5 Post by GarryRicketson »

OK, no problem, the 4th one looked the most promising ,
I don't know enough about it to do any more then point toward
the info, not even using a laptop on this end, and never
have had this problem my self, even with my laptops, which
I don't use much any more.

dumbassdeb

#6 Post by dumbassdeb »

As mr. Ricketson said, this 1 worked! http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 79#p576688. I had already read about this driver but apparently i missed something. I thought they had dropped support for my old radeon graphics, but it works like a charm. Thanks much :)