Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

libmtp found to be backdated while mounting windows phone

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
manashpal

libmtp found to be backdated while mounting windows phone

#1 Post by manashpal »

i tried to connect my microsoft lumia 640 XL in the debian jessie, but it's showing " unable to mount windows phone" , however searching for the issue over google i found my libmtp package is outof date and the system needs the new one to be replaced with the backdated. how could i do that ? is there any deb package of this libmtp ( 10 or higher ) so that i can successfully mount my windows phone on the debian system i am using at present.

seeking assistance.

thanks.

manash pal

INDIA

debiman

Re: libmtp found to be backdated while mounting windows phon

#2 Post by debiman »

manashpal wrote:my libmtp package is outof date and the system needs the new one to be replaced with the backdated. how could i do that ?
assuming you're on debian stable, maybe you can backport it. maybe a backport exists (debian wiki).
or maybe you just wait for the current testing to become stable, should be any day now.

dibl

#3 Post by dibl »

I am running a sid system, which at the moment closely resembles a testing system.

Code: Select all

root@hp-350g:/# apt policy libmtp-common
libmtp-common:
  Installed: 1.1.12-1
  Candidate: 1.1.12-1
  Version table:
 *** 1.1.12-1 500
        500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
root@hp-350g:/# apt depends libmtp-common
libmtp-common
  Breaks: <libmtp8> (<= 1.0.6-6)
  Replaces: <libmtp8>
root@hp-350g:/# 
So it looks like the package in testing does not depend on anything that you don't have on your stable system. I would remove your libmtp8 package, then download the package from testing and install it with dpkg -- if the version is the only impediment to connecting your phone, that should fix it.
Debian sid / siduction KDE

Head_on_a_Stick

#4 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

deadbang

manashpal

#5 Post by manashpal »

thank you veryyyyyyyyyyyy much Mr. Head_on_a_Stick , it works !!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D