Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

X and Openbox start at Login on Live System

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
nathanid95

Re: X and Openbox start at Login on Live System

#16 Post by nathanid95 »

I created this install following the instructions at http://syn.theti.ca/2013/06/22/tutorial ... ce-on-usb/ except using the Jessie standard live iso (no DE installed by default). Basically dd the image to one partition on the drive, make an ext4 partition for persistence, then change all the isolinux symlinks to syslinux.

I installed xorg and openbox with: apt-get install xorg openbox lxpanel

I can't create a test user at the moment as I'm not able to access the install, but i can tell you that logging in as root doesn't result in X and OB starting on their own.

ruffwoof

Re: X and Openbox start at Login on Live System

#17 Post by ruffwoof »

Also have a look at ctrl-alt-Fn ... alternative consoles. They could all be be logged in also.

Security flaw. Lock your screen ... anyone else can come along and just Ctrl-Alt-F3 or whatever and have access. Full access if sudo su is also permitted.

Not just Debian (Stretch) ... its in Devuan RC 1 as well, so not a systemD issue. The indications being that its a bug in live-boot initialisation as the exact same system booted as though fully installed works correctly/as-expected.