Screen has stopped blanking...Why?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

Re: Screen has stopped blanking...Why?

Postby No_windows » 2017-03-03 18:25

wizard10000 wrote:
Apparently not - since DPMS seems to work from a terminal session. I think your power manager is broken and if you shut it off and screen blanks correctly that'd pretty much confirm.

I shut down Powermanager and the screen still does not blank. I also enabled DPMS in my MX16 vm thinking that maybe Virtualbox was trying to keep the screen available to it........Another vm already had it enabled.
No_windows

Postby golinux » 2017-03-03 19:38

Strange non-standard behavior can happen in any virtualization. It is close but not the same as running a system on metal. Some things you just have to live with.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby No_windows » 2017-03-04 05:51

golinux wrote:Strange non-standard behavior can happen in any virtualization. It is close but not the same as running a system on metal. Some things you just have to live with.

I guess I wasn't clear........ This is the host system. It's not a vm. I only mentioned Virtualbox because I thought maybe it was now keeping the host screen active for the vms that I am running. It wasn't an issue before, Though.

Screen blanking used to work with no problems, on this computer, with this install of Debian.
No_windows

Postby No_windows » 2017-03-10 08:08

.....and after a few updates today, and a reboot, it seems all is back to normal. I have no idea the whys and hows.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.
No_windows

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions