Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Install Debian in ESXi (Freez)

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Palermo

Install Debian in ESXi (Freez)

#1 Post by Palermo »

Hi,
I had a crash with my datastore in ESXi.
So I had to delete the datastore and start over. Was feeling bad for a second. ok just begin.
So I uploaded the a Debian network installation version (debian-8.7.1-amd64-i386-netinst).
All wend well, after the installation I disconnected the ISO file. and the server begun its reboot process.
I enter d the console of the newly created Debian and the only thing I see is a black screen with a cursor lid up (Static).
after a few try s I decided to install this version again, maybe something wend wrong after all. A few installation with differed options.
Nothing helped. still the same black screen and the cursor. Also resources are being used. What could be wrong here?

Does someone has an idea here.

Hope someone can help me,
Thanks in advance

Greetings
Palermo

millpond

Re: Install Debian in ESXi (Freez)

#2 Post by millpond »

Is this a headless or a GUI version?

If GUI can the machine handle the default desktop environment?

Dont use gnome3. It has specific video requirements not typically possible on an average server.