Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

LAMP-server isn't visible from external network (Debian 8)

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
jacktheripper

LAMP-server isn't visible from external network (Debian 8)

#1 Post by jacktheripper »

I deployed the site, it opens normally from the local web, but resists to open from external network.
I looked at the open ports and it turned out that 80 listened only through tcp6. I changed listening port from Listen 80 to Listen 0.0.0.0:80 in configs, everything seems to be OK, but still does not open from the external network. All incoming and outgoing are allowed.
What could he be the cause of this behavior? Can it be router or hosting? Site is hosted on gt host. Please, give me a hint, cause I'm just a noob in the networks (
Last edited by dilberts_left_nut on 2017-03-22 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link

millpond

Re: LAMP-server isn't visible from external network (Debian

#2 Post by millpond »

jacktheripper wrote:I deployed the site, it opens normally from the local web, but resists to open from external network.
I looked at the open ports and it turned out that 80 listened only through tcp6. I changed listening port from Listen 80 to Listen 0.0.0.0:80 in configs, everything seems to be OK, but still does not open from the external network. All incoming and outgoing are allowed.
What could he be the cause of this behavior? Can it be router or hosting? Site is hosted on gt host. Please, give me a hint, cause I'm just a noob in the networks (
What exactly are you running?

Generally a LAMP server is a *local* server, designed for local network testing. Though it can be configured as a full server.
If you are running off of a remote hosting site, you should not need to mess with the server config, except for my.cnf, possibly.
Except if you are using a VPS or a full server machine on the site. In that case it would be well to study networking fully before attempting such a project.

If you install website software on a remote hosting site, you must also configure the database or else it will not function.

We need more details here to be of assistance.

Typically, even on a remote site, the address is configured as 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

TonyT

#3 Post by TonyT »

gt host has shared hosting, you should not be able to change any apache configs.
Please clarify what you are trying to do.

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

if it's shared hosting, surely it's their responsibility to make the site available?
and how could a router be involved?
something is wong with your post. i'm confused. :cry: