Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Config error guile-2.0 not found, but it IS installed

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
activation

Config error guile-2.0 not found, but it IS installed

#1 Post by activation »

Hello, Debian Forums. I am fairly new to linux, but pick up on things pretty fast. So I think the beginner forum is the right place.

I'm using Whonix VM trying to install Freetalk4-1. When running ./configure its just one thing after another I have to install. Well now it's saying GUILE is not found, when I am sure it is.

Code: Select all

checking for GUILE... no
configure: error: ERROR! guile-2.0 not found...
user@host:~/freetalk-4.1$ sudo apt-get install guile-2.0
[sudo] password for user:                                                                                                                                                                       
Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                                                                   
Building dependency tree                                                                                                                                                                        
Reading state information... Done                                                                                                                                                               
guile-2.0 is already the newest version.                                                                                                                                                        
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:                                                                                                                 
  ca-certificates-java default-jre default-jre-headless java-common libappindicator1 libatk-wrapper-java libatk-wrapper-java-jni libdbusmenu-glib4 libdbusmenu-gtk4 libgconf2-4 libindicator7   
  libsctp1 lksctp-tools openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless rinetd tzdata-java                                                                                                                 
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.                                                                                                                                                        
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.   
I tried restarting whonix completely twice, installed the 1.8 and 2.0 (2.0 first) of guile but no matter what it's not detecting it. I'm completely stumped.

GarryRicketson

Re: Config error guile-2.0 not found, but it IS installed

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

Welcome to
Debian User Forums

It might help to tell us what version of Debian you are using ?

activation

#3 Post by activation »

GarryRicketson wrote:Welcome to
Debian User Forums

It might help to tell us what version of Debian you are using ?
Should have mentioned that.
Whonix GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)

GarryRicketson

#4 Post by GarryRicketson »

The problem is, "Whonix" is not Debian, it is a derivative,...yes I know , it
is based on Debian, most of the other distros are,...

Have you checked here ? :
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Support

It is more likely you will find more people familiar with "whonix"
there.
No problem asking here, but it never hurts to do some searches
and use additional resources.

roseway

#5 Post by roseway »

The usual answer to this kind of question is that you need to install the -dev version of the missing package, which contains the development headers. Install guile-2.0-dev.
Eric

GarryRicketson

#6 Post by GarryRicketson »