Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

On screen keyboard that works?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
hthi

On screen keyboard that works?

#1 Post by hthi »

debian 8 64bit main mate

I installed florence. I configured it to look and work as wanted. Florence must work side by side with the usb keyboard.
At first it does. Then later the florence keyboard will stop working in some or all open applications. Same about the usb keyboard. Is there another on screen keyboard that will work?
Thank you.

JLloyd13

Re: On screen keyboard that works?

#2 Post by JLloyd13 »

Ubuntu's Onboard works quite well. Worth a shot. Only problem I see is that I don't believe it's available for Jessie, so you will either have to check if there's a backport, compile from source, pull the package from testing, or pull it from Ubuntu's launchpad (listed in approximate order of recommended to not advisable)
Laptop: Debian GNU/Linux 9 'Stretch' 64bit
Read: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian/
We are the Universal OS. Be patient, give help, teach the Debian way.

srq2625

#3 Post by srq2625 »

OnBoard works quite well and, as has been noted, you'll have to either compile it or find it in a "non-Jessie" repository.

If you choose to compile it, you might find this this thread helpful.

hthi

#4 Post by hthi »

Thank you. I know onboard from ubuntu. Onboard works fine. Almost always if I want to compile software, it does not succeed. Possible I have only been able to compile tor source code. I cannot find a video, that is able to explain to me how to back port.