Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

System Settings as sudo

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Ezingers

System Settings as sudo

#1 Post by Ezingers »

I been having problems with the kdm windows decorations is how this all started. I installed Debian 8.7.1 with the KDE platform and when i went to (System Settings - Workspace Appearance - Window Decorations) and clicked on (Get New Decorations), it dose nothing. It just says (Initializing). Even when clicking on the (Installed) choices, it wont even show the installed decorations. So I tried <$ sudo systemsettings> and got this message.

(QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
systemsettings(4454): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server: "/usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: No protocol specified
Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.
"
systemsettings(4453): KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly.)

I sense then loaded Debian 8.8.0 with the KDE platform thinking that this would be fixed in the updated version. It's not. Went threw the same thing. So I went online and found answer on a forum site.

"Most of the theme-related stuff moved recently from opendesktop.org (kde-look.org) to store.kde.org (looks like kde-look.org now redirects to the new store).
You may need to load the new providers.xml file for the new store.
Open System Settings -> Social Desktop. There should be a combo-box with the provider(s) to manage, beside which will be buttons to add and remove providers. If the combo-box doesn't have store.kde.org then add it, using the URL: https://store.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml (and then remove any provider for opendesktop.org)".

So I go to (Account Details - Social Desktop) and it wants a user name and password or wants me to register one. I click on the (Register) tab and fill out the form and click on the (Register) button, and it dose nothing. I click back to (Login) tab to login. I click on (Test Login) and it dose nothing. So I figured I'd just try the (Add Provider) button and add the https://store.kde.org/ocs/providers.xml to the field and click the (OK) button, and I couldn't tell what it did. It didn't show up anywhere. So it takes me back to getting sudo access to System Settings. Can someone help me with this?