Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I-Nex in Debian?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Huecuva

I-Nex in Debian?

#1 Post by Huecuva »

Yeah, me again. Hi!

So I can find CentOS, Mint, OpenSUSE, Elementary and Ubuntu tutorials to install I-Nex, but none specifically for Debian. I've tried to adapt an Ubuntu tutorial to work for Debian. I had to run apt-get install software-sources-common or something so that I could run

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:i-nex-development-team/daily
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
Note that I've tried both daily and stable repositories for i-nex.

After that, apt-get update kept giving me errors, saying
which obviously doesn't exist, as Jessie is Debian, not Ubuntu. I've traced the ppa back as far as http://ppa.launchpad.net/i-nex-development-team/ and from there I keep getting directed to Ubuntu files. When I try to run sudo apt-get install i-nex now it looks like it's going to start, builds a dependency tree and then:
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package i-nex
Probably because it can't fetch from the ppa.

Does anyone know what the correct repositories are for i-nex on Debian or where I can find them or if they even exist? Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to install what is arguably the best Linux system information tool in Debian. Maybe it has to be done manually?

On another note: Oddly, the repositories I added with add-apt-repository are not listed in my /etc/apt/sources.list file and I'm not sure how to remove them now. I will have to look into that if they turn out to be completely useless.

Thanks!
Last edited by Huecuva on 2017-06-18 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

phenest

Re: I-Nex in Debian?

#2 Post by phenest »

gambas3 is already available in the Debian repository.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Huecuva

#3 Post by Huecuva »

phenest wrote:gambas3 is already available in the Debian repository.
Well, that's good to know. Thanks. I suppose I don't have to worry about Gambas, then.

However, that doesn't help get I-Nex installed.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#4 Post by arochester »

Does it have to be I-Nex? Does it have some unique property? for you?

There are other Linux alternatives. https://alternativeto.net/software/i-ne ... form=linux

I have used Lynis Auditing Tool which is not listed there.

Huecuva

#5 Post by Huecuva »

arochester wrote:Does it have to be I-Nex? Does it have some unique property? for you?

There are other Linux alternatives. https://alternativeto.net/software/i-ne ... form=linux

I have used Lynis Auditing Tool which is not listed there.
It doesn't specifically have to be i-nex. I've just read that i-nex has the most well organized way of presenting the information, a lot like CPU-Z for Windows, which I'm already particularly familiar with and I use i-nex on my Mint rig. I like it. If there is another one similar, I'm perfectly willing to give it a shot. If I have to I can use one of the less user-friendly ones but I'd rather exhaust all other options, first.

I'll have a look at that link. Thanks.

stevepusser

#6 Post by stevepusser »

It's in the MX Linux repositories, compatible with Jessie. We don't have any Stretch ones yet, but I could set one up on the OBS in a couple of minutes.

Edit: oops--I think it was for Wheezy only. Let me set up that OBS repo.
MX Linux packager and developer

Huecuva

#7 Post by Huecuva »

stevepusser wrote:It's in the MX Linux repositories, compatible with Jessie. We don't have any Stretch ones yet, but I could set one up on the OBS in a couple of minutes.

Well, it sounds like you just made it easier to install I-Nex in Debian. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to add the MX Linux repositories and I can't seem to find any tutorials on adding them to Debian in the terminal. If you'd be so kind?

stevepusser

#8 Post by stevepusser »

The latest 7.6.0 version also requires a newer Gambas 3 than is available in Jessie, so I'm backporting that in the Jessie OBS build repo. It required a few tricks for Jessie, so let's see if they worked.

I-nex already finished in Stretch and the 16.10& 17.04 Ubuntus, but failed in Ubuntu 16.04, which had all the build-depends already...maybe because it does not have debhelper 10? I'll add that if it fails with Jessie's debhelper 9.

Follow my progress on the scoreboard here! https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... sser:i-nex

stevepusser

#9 Post by stevepusser »

Oh well, the Jessie build failed with

[1907s] dh_install: gambas3-gb-qt5-ext missing files (usr/lib/gambas3/gb.qt5.ext.*), aborting
[ 1907s] debian/rules:35: recipe for target 'override_dh_install' failed
[ 1907s] make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 255
[ 1907s] make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/packages/BUILD'
[ 1907s] debian/rules:6: recipe for target 'binary' failed
I'll try a build on my own machine, maybe I can figure out what went wrong. Jessie's Qt 5 might just be too old or something.

Hmm...build log has this:

1108s] checking for gb.qt5.webkit component with pkg-config... OK
[ 1108s] checking for gb.qt5.opengl component with pkg-config... no
[ 1108s] configure: WARNING: Unable to met pkg-config requirement: Qt5OpenGL
[ 1108s] configure: WARNING: gb.qt5.opengl is disabled
[ 1108s] no
[ 1108s] configure: WARNING: gb.qt5.ext is disabled
Could the Debian package be missing a build-depend? Say it ain't so!
Last edited by stevepusser on 2017-06-19 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

Huecuva

#10 Post by Huecuva »

Interesting. I'll keep checking back. Good luck! At least it looks like there are some pretty decent alternatives if you are unable to get it to work for Jessie. I've actually been considering upgrading to Stretch anyway. This is a little more motivation to do so. I just don't know how the upgrade would effect all the work I've done setting up Teamspeak and stuff.

stevepusser

#11 Post by stevepusser »

Huecuva wrote:
stevepusser wrote:It's in the MX Linux repositories, compatible with Jessie. We don't have any Stretch ones yet, but I could set one up on the OBS in a couple of minutes.

Well, it sounds like you just made it easier to install I-Nex in Debian. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to add the MX Linux repositories and I can't seem to find any tutorials on adding them to Debian in the terminal. If you'd be so kind?
Nah, we just have the older 7.4.0 version for a Wheezy base for MX 14. Let me see if I can get the current release build for Jessie in the OBS before I fall back to an older version. It already succeeded for Stretch, though--what are you running?

Huecuva

#12 Post by Huecuva »

stevepusser wrote:
Huecuva wrote:

Nah, we just have the older 7.4.0 version for a Wheezy base for MX 14. Let me see if I can get the current release build for Jessie in the OBS before I fall back to an older version. It already succeeded for Stretch, though--what are you running?
I'm running Jessie, but if you can't get it working for Jessie I'll just use something else or upgrade to Stretch.

stevepusser

#13 Post by stevepusser »

Yup, adding libqt5opengl5-dev to the gambas3 build deps got it to build on Jessie, so achievement 2 unlocked. Now to see if i-nex will build on Jessie, or maybe needs the newer debhelper.

stevepusser

#14 Post by stevepusser »

Crud--the 32-bit i-nex Jessie build succeeded but the 64-bit failed with the same manpage install error as the 16.04 Ubuntu. Why does the architecture make a difference for that part? If I upgrade debhelper as an experiment, that'll trigger rebuilds of all the packages in there, so it might be another 30 minutes...

Wait--I just had the 64-bit try a rebuild first, and it succeeded! Why it did this time, no freaking idea! ACHIEVEMENT: BOSS DEFEATED.

So here's the instructions to add the repo and repo key: https://software.opensuse.org//download ... kage=i-nex

They all need to be run as root or with sudo, except the "wget" command to download the "Release.key" file. Make sure to do that as a regular user. Let me know if I-Nex works after all this, I've gotta run. Remember that it will pull in extra support packages from my repo, that's normal.

Basically

Add the repo. Forget about the two other commands in that section.
Download and install the key.
apt-get update
apt-get install i-nex

Huecuva

#15 Post by Huecuva »

I followed the directions for Debian 8.
mike@Colossus:~$ wget -nv http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... elease.key -O Release.key
2017-06-18 21:06:29 URL:http://download.opensuse.org/repositori ... elease.key [1110/1110] -> "Release.key" [1]
mike@Colossus:~$ su -
Password:
root@Colossus:~# apt-key add - < Release.key
-su: Release.key: No such file or directory
Regardless of that, I-Nex installs but when I try to run it from the Applications Menu it throws an error:

It looks like it downloaded the Release.key file into my /home/user/ folder. This could be why it can't find it. Where is it supposed to go?

EDIT AGAIN:

I ran the apt-key add - < Release.key command from inside the /home/user/ folder and it seemed to work. Running I-Nex, however, still produces that error.

phenest

#16 Post by phenest »

I've install I-Nex from your repo steve and it works fine. I'm on Stretch amd64.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

stevepusser

#17 Post by stevepusser »

phenest wrote:I've install I-Nex from your repo steve and it works fine. I'm on Stretch amd64.
Thanks for the testing! I went ahead and rebuilt the packages on my own laptop for our own Jessie-based MX 16 repo, and it also runs well for me.

I'll go ahead and install the Jessie package from the OBS repo to see if that makes any difference. All I can guess about the asound error message is that it can't find some alsa directory someplace. Maybe there's an issue tracker for i-nex that has a solution if this error pops up...

Nope, still works the same.

Huecuva

#18 Post by Huecuva »

Could it be maybe because I do not have a sound card? It's a server. Maybe the software is looking for a sound card that isn't there and instead of errorhandling when it doesn't find one, it just goes apeshit? Just a theory.

EDIT:

After a little bit (5 minutes) of googling, I was able to determine that Asound_Drives is a module in I-Nex. Specifically Asound_Drives.module. It seems as if, on my server, it is unable to find a file or function called "get_informations" within that module.

I will try another reinstall when I get time.

stevepusser

#19 Post by stevepusser »

Is there any integrated sound hardware on the motherboard that could be turned on? I get a feeling that not finding any sound hardware is what's freaking I-nex out.

Huecuva

#20 Post by Huecuva »

My motherboard is this. I don't see any audio devices on that spec sheet. Oh well. I found Sysinfo in the link that other guy posted. I don't think it provides quite the detail of information that i-nex does, but it is sufficient. It's the only one on that list that is anything like what I'm looking for that I could actually get to work. Maybe this bug can be passed up the line to the i-nex development team and they can make their software not throw a tantrum if it doesn't find what it's looking for.