Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Ongoing problem with Debian install.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
jbander

Re: Ongoing problem with Debian install.

#31 Post by jbander »

debiman wrote:
jbander wrote:I dumped Debian it was a pain , I'm trying to find a way to get a clean install ,I would guess I've tried around 10 different times. I'm thinking I'm making a mistake on the install itself, I've tried it with two other Distros , one other distro and no distro , just itself . None worked. The DVD burn MD5Sum is right on the DVD
you were saying you installed various different distros, you even tried "no distro, just itself".
i thought that funny: trying to install "no distro, just itself".
the dead badger wasn't some clever quib, just the first vaguely nihilistic linux-related thing that came to my mind.
i'm happy enough you took it as a joke, but don't think too much into it.

in any case, i always liked that article, it's such a nice caricature of the internet-dwelling linux freaks, giving out street credibility points for the hardest install one managed...
Ya I simply took it at humor, I thought it was funny.