Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gnome keyring auto logout

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
3f31d8d9e4

Gnome keyring auto logout

#1 Post by 3f31d8d9e4 »

Hello,
I am currently using keepass2 because the it seems to me a better compromise between security and usability.

But Seahorse is better integrated with debian. With keepass, I have to write a second password when I boot my system, I can't use it for owncloud connection, pgp…
So maybe there is a way to find a better configuration for Seahorse.

Here is the behavior expected :

- When I log in, the password manager should be unlocked (I just typed my password, so writing a second one don't add so much security compared to the discomfort added). Like this my different account (email, owncloud…) are automatically configured at startup.
- If it stay a short time without activities (30s or 1 minutes), the password manager should be automatically locked. Like this, if I forget to lock my session when I leave, my passwords are still protected. For example, my pc is configured to be locked when I close my laptop. But sometimes when I reopen it, I am on the desktop with a notification saying that a program prevent the pc to be locked.
- But I don't want my pc to be locked automatically as fast. For example, I can be reading, following a tutorial, cooking, or anything else. So 30s, is really to short.
- I would like to have the database locked automatically if not used during 10-15min. No reason to have it unlocked if I don't need it.
- The data base should be easily unlocked when I need it. For example, If I want to login on forums.debian.net, I would an automatic access to the password request windows.
Of course it is an ideal situation. The goal is to be as close as possible from it.

I didn't find any parameter or config file where I could settle it. If it is not possible directly with the software, maybe it is possible to lock it with cron or something like that ? And I assume I will have to configure a shortcut to easyly access the password window ?

Thank for your help.