Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Which graphical updater on stretch with KDE?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
linuxsat

Which graphical updater on stretch with KDE?

#1 Post by linuxsat »

Hi, I'm a new user of Debian (previously on (k)ubuntu) and I just install the 9.2 on a 5480 Latitude Dell laptop.
I choose the KDE environement, and I saw that that two graphical package manager are present by default: Plasma Discover and Apper.
I dont like very much Plasma Discover and i remind me that under kubuntu Apper was replaced a long time ago by Muon.

My question(s): Is Apper still maintained? More important may I use Synaptic or Muon as graphical package manager instead?

Thanks for any comments!

linuxsat

Re: Which graphical updater on stretch with KDE?

#2 Post by linuxsat »

Thanks for your comment, I will try synaptic its a safe value.

caulfield

#3 Post by caulfield »

Apper works nice on my end, though i don't have anything agains Discover. It's nice to have a functional software boutique, but it doesn't detect packages or libraries on my end, so for that i use apper without encountering issues.
"Smokey, this is not 'nam, this is bowling. There are rules!"

linuxsat

#4 Post by linuxsat »

Thanks for these infos.