Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Cannot Boot to USB after installing Lubuntu

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
bcinteractive

Cannot Boot to USB after installing Lubuntu

#1 Post by bcinteractive »

Hi,

I have a fairly new Acer laptop (Intel core i5). I used MultiBootUSB which has Lubuntu and System Rescue CD.

The laptop come installed with an Acer branded linux which I can't seem to run any desktop and only shows command prompt.

I set BIOS to boot using legacy. I turned on Boot select option. Inserted USB Boot and successfully booted normally. I chose Lubuntu and installed the OS. After installation, I can run Lubuntu fairly okay.

Now my problem is -- I can't now boot using MultiBootUSB -- when I boot here, it resulted to the grub prompt only (which I don't know how to use) instead of the usual menu where I can choose what os to boot to.

I ask this here because this doesn't seem to belong to any specific topic (except if I ask Acer which I doubt I can get any useful info re Linux related issues). Also because I'm pretty comfortable asking questions here.

Any input is appreciated. If my question does not make sense, please let me know what other info I need to place.

Thanks.
:) Things Change
:) Just Do It
Heavy Gnome Desktop User

GarryRicketson

Re: Cannot Boot to USB after installing Lubuntu

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

So , where does Debian come into all of this ?