Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't detect boot drive UEFI

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
dharmanshu_125

Can't detect boot drive UEFI

#1 Post by dharmanshu_125 »

I installed Debian as UEFI and it was working fine. But then booted into windows setup using BIOS. I didn't install windows I just booted into it and exited. After that my laptop is not able to detect boot drive in EFI mode. And in BIOS mode it's not booting successfully.

Capitain_Jack

Re: Can't detect boot drive UEFI

#2 Post by Capitain_Jack »

It sounds like your MB have both, UEFI and legacy boot enabled, so the install you made was somehow buggy legacy boot, when you booted into windows setup, it was a UEFI boot, witch may have harmed the linux legacy boot trying to fix the windows uefi boot. If you wish to use both, ensure to install windows and linux into legacy boot by properly selecting the non ACPI boot option manualy when turning on the computer (I've seen that happen before)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
"All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?"
Buddha