Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

9.3.0 Clipboard Virtualbox

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
chargecz

9.3.0 Clipboard Virtualbox

#1 Post by chargecz »

Hello

So i just spend whole day solving different issues, involving multiple reinstalations of Debian systems, meaning i was able to solve most of them AND now suddenly i cant solve the most basic one using the same exact steps in 9.3.0. So thats for setting up a stage.

Today i was able to install Debian instance on virtual box/win10/ with VBox additions WORKING/full screen and clipboard/. The version of Debian was 9.2.1 before i downloaded 9.3.0

Here were the steps i took in 9.2.1 that were working fine:
Login as root :

- Update debian if necessary with "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"
- Install required packages with "apt-get install build-essential module-assistant".
- Configure your system for building kernel modules by running "m-a prepare".
- On virtual box Click Install Guest Addition from the Devices menu,
then run "mount /media/cdrom".
- Run "sh /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run", and follow the instructions on screen.
Restart debian and it will be on full screen.
- Enable Bidirectional clipboard in VBox, having VboxAdditions CD mounted

Everything worked like a charm in 9.2.1. Now in 9.3.0 clipboard is not /full screen/ does, meaning Vboxadditions are working/
I troubleshooted by:
-restarted whole virtualbox several times.
-everything was done on a fresh system
-used bash to test it but also AdvancedEditor app
-VirtualBox is set to bidirectional clipboard of course

Can not google any solid and most importantly up to date info whats going on. I can provide extensive img documentation of settings of VirtualBox, but everything is set properly there

ADD: Downloading 9.2.1 again to double check it really worked and maybe how and when

debiman

Re: 9.3.0 Clipboard Virtualbox

#2 Post by debiman »

chargecz wrote:Everything worked like a charm in 9.2.1. Now in 9.3.0 clipboard is not /full screen/ does, meaning Vboxadditions are working/
sorry, i do not understand this statement.
clipboard is not the same as fullscreen.
does it work now or not?

chargecz

#3 Post by chargecz »

No, i just came into assumption that working full screen = working VBoxLinuxAdditions and that should also mean working clipboard...but clipboard function is still inactive, even in 9.2.1 (there i just simply tried to turn on the function in VirtualBox, i have to yet try to install Additions). But i found some articles that in Debian 9, the clipboard function in VirtualBox is not functioning any more...or maybe it needs some workaround. Iam still in phase i need a guidance so i cant figure that out, thats also the reason for clipboard, iam keeping many notes in windows still

ADD: iam using VirtualBox 5.2.2

Dai_trying

#4 Post by Dai_trying »

If your version of VirtualBox was upgraded during your recent upgrade procedure it might be that you would need to install the newer version of the Additions too (usually not done automatically as it is not in the system environment).