Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Booting mounting Samba drive on boot

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
bengo

Booting mounting Samba drive on boot

#1 Post by bengo »

Good evening everyone. I recently got a Tinkerboard so I can try and mess around with Linux and try and learn some things. I installed TinkerOS which I believe is Debian with no problems and got the everything logged in. I am trying to mount a share from my NAS on boot but am having some issues. This is what I have in /etc/fstab

Code: Select all

//10.1.9.50/Plex /media/pwiiq cifs credentials=/home/pat/.smbcred,rw,_netdev,gid=1000,uid=1001,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0
When I reboot it doesnt mount automatically. It shows up on the left side of the file browser but when I click on it it says "Only system administators have the permission to do this". I then run sudo mount -a and everything works fine. Im not sure what I am doing wrong. I did chown the /media/pwiiq folder to be owned by my user.

makh

Re: Booting mounting Samba drive on boot

#2 Post by makh »

Hi

Please go to:
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/index.php

This is debian forum. The derived distros are different, thats why their names are also different.

Thankyou
ThinkPad E14: Arch, Debian Stable
GUI: Xfce

For new: Try MX Linux, Linux Mint; later join Debian Stable