Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Which iso to download for bootable usb stick ?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Siegfried999

#1 Post by Siegfried999 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Linux and I want to try Debian with bootable usb stick, but I don't know which iso to download. Is it netinst or xfce cd 1 I must download ?
With USB installer I must choose Debian Live or Netinst ? If I choose Debian Live, I don't see the iso files in my download folder. I'm really confused :(

Thanks
Bobby

GarryRicketson

Re: Which iso to download for bootable usb stick ?

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

1st hit: https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/
==============================
2ndhit:https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/ ... 03.html.en

You really can use any ISO image to make a bootable usb stick, but I have never heard of "usb installer" I don't know what that is.
Copy/paste :

Code: Select all

How to make a bootable USB stick with Debian on it 
into your favourite search engine,...

If you just want to try Debian, the Debian Live image is what you need, the netinstall image, well , like it's name says, it is for installing Debian, but it is not a complete system.
I don't see the iso files in my download folder.
It would be just 1 file, I have no idea why it does not show in your download
folder, Did you down load it ? Did you have it set to download to that folder, ?
How did you try downloading ? Some operating systems and browsers do not work very well, maybe that is the problem.
I'm really confused :(
No problem , so am I.