Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Reporting bugs in KDE 5?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Chiefahol2

[Solved] Reporting bugs in KDE 5?

#1 Post by Chiefahol2 »

Hi again

I'm trying to list bug reports (holy moly there are a lot of bugs!) but the cli is a bit too hard to get through. :oops:

The GUI 'Reportbug' doesn't open every time and i'm not sure why, what is the command to open it graphically?

Distro is Debian KDE testing.

Solution: Ensure python3-gi-cairo and gir1.2-vte-2.91 packages are installed and it will work fine.
Last edited by Chiefahol2 on 2018-05-08 00:56, edited 2 times in total.

None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: Reporting bugs in KDE 5?

#2 Post by None1975 »

Chiefahol2 wrote:The GUI 'Reportbug' doesn't open every time and i'm not sure why, what is the command to open it graphically?
Why are you using testing, if you do not know the most basic things? Just open the terminal and type

Code: Select all

reportbug --exit-prompt --ui gtk2
By the way, maybe this bug is listed here.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Chiefahol2

#3 Post by Chiefahol2 »

None1975 wrote:Why are you using testing, if you do not know the most basic things?
Newer software, figured i could help report issues. Is there already too many people doing that? It's definitely possible this desktops too 'hectic' for me, KDE5 doesn't wanna stay up for more then a few hours and it HATES file transfers. :cry:
Just open the terminal and type

Code: Select all

reportbug --exit-prompt --ui gtk2
Cheers!
Yes that's the exact bug, thanks again. :mrgreen:

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by sunrat »

Chiefahol2 wrote: It's definitely possible this desktops too 'hectic' for me, KDE5 doesn't wanna stay up for more then a few hours and it HATES file transfers. :cry:
I suggest you post problems here to see if others have the same. I'm using Plasma 5.12 and don't have "staying up" problems, easily going a week between boots and then only because I leave for a day and shut it down. 5.12 is much improved from 5.8 which did have a number of bugs and crash problems.
Yes that's the exact bug, thanks again. :mrgreen:[/quote]

That's not a KDE bug, but you probably know that already. :mrgreen:
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

Chiefahol2

#5 Post by Chiefahol2 »

sunrat wrote:
Chiefahol2 wrote: It's definitely possible this desktops too 'hectic' for me, KDE5 doesn't wanna stay up for more then a few hours and it HATES file transfers. :cry:
I suggest you post problems here to see if others have the same. I'm using Plasma 5.12 and don't have "staying up" problems, easily going a week between boots and then only because I leave for a day and shut it down. 5.12 is much improved from 5.8 which did have a number of bugs and crash problems.
The crashes were really consistent, using Plasma 5.12.4 on Debian 10. Clearing the ~/.cache folder might have fixed this though!

I'll keep coming back here, seems i might be able to tame it after all. :mrgreen: