Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

WPA2 PEAP wifi authentication problem

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
retrosnob

Re: WPA2 PEAP wifi authentication problem

#16 Post by retrosnob »

Exploring using different live usb distributions:

Debian doesn't work
MX Linux doesn't work
Fedora doesn't work

Bodhi Linux (basically Ubuntu I think) works
Manjaro works

I'll leave this post here for a while in case anyone can give me some idea of how to find out what's going right/wrong, otherwise in a week or so I'll switch distribution.

Thank you.

Bulkley

#17 Post by Bulkley »

That's fascinating. I wonder if Debian Sid would work. What I'm thinking is that there is some minor package that needs updating. Firmware? Non-free firmware?

In your situation you have to do what you have to do. I am curious, though, as to what the problem is. If you ever figure it out let us know.

retrosnob

#18 Post by retrosnob »

Right. I've bailed and installed Manjaro. I have a life to lead after all. Thanks for all your help.

bw123

#19 Post by bw123 »

retrosnob wrote:Right. I've bailed and installed Manjaro. I have a life to lead after all. Thanks for all your help.
I think that was the right move for you, having a life and all, I mean geez, congratulations?

For anyone else with a similar issue, comparing the wpa_supplicant output using the exact same setup on each might offer a clue.
resigned by AI ChatGPT