Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Boot Sequence [Withdrawn]

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Debian Boot Sequence [Withdrawn]

#21 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

llewellen wrote:I ran # systemctl disable apt-daily
You have to disable the .timer units (there are two) rather than the .service (which is not directly enabled), see my last post for the command you need.

Check afterwards with:

Code: Select all

systemctl list-timers
deadbang

llewellen

#22 Post by llewellen »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
llewellen wrote:I ran # systemctl disable apt-daily
You have to disable the .timer units (there are two) rather than the .service (which is not directly enabled), see my last post for the command you need.

Check afterwards with:

systemctl list-timers
Boot time is still taking approx 60-70 seconds from power to login

drew@dell:~$ su
Password: 
root@dell:/home/drew# systemctl disable apt-daily{,-upgrade}.timer
root@dell:/home/drew# systemctl list-timers
NEXT                         LEFT       LAST                         PASSED   UN
Sun 2018-05-27 16:20:14 PDT  9min left  n/a                          n/a      sy
Sun 2018-05-27 17:03:34 PDT  52min left Sun 2018-05-27 16:03:10 PDT  7min ago an

2 timers listed.
Pass --all to see loaded but inactive timers, too.
lines 1-6/6 (END)

Note: I ran the disable command and it showed two files as being removed but the boot time didn't change at all. So, I re-ran the disable command then ran list-timers.
It is not that I am mad; it's only that my head is different from yours - Diogenes of Sinope

llewellen

#23 Post by llewellen »

@Head_on_a_Stick: You have already spent an overly generous amount of time helping me with this and I don't want to impose on you any longer.

At the next Stable release I'm going to do a fresh install of that so I'm starting with a completely clean slate. I'm going to do a net install and then learn my way along as I install and add what I need.

In the meantime, a slow boot now with Testing is not a huge deal and I can live with it for the time being.

Thanks again :)
It is not that I am mad; it's only that my head is different from yours - Diogenes of Sinope