Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HPLIP Plugin problem

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Danfinn

HPLIP Plugin problem

#1 Post by Danfinn »

Just done a fresh install of Jessie and afaik it is fully updated. When trying to use my HP Laserjet P1102W it thows up a HPLIP plug in error and stops. I have tried it shared, plugged in direct using usb, but still no joy. However, my HP C6200 multifunction printer works perfectly. This is sitting on the ethernet with a fixed ip. I have been to the package manager thinking HPLIP was missing but it is there. :?

Any ideas folks. It all works perfectly on my Wheezy pc, which I was advised to update :(

Lysander

Re: HPLIP Plugin problem

#2 Post by Lysander »

Why are you not using Stretch? For one, they use different versions of the plugin (3.14.6-1+deb8u1 vs 3.16.11+repack0-3) respectively and secondly, you were advised to update to Stretch, not Jessie. I mean, you could backport the Stretch plugin in Jessie, but that would be weird, to say the least.

stevepusser

Re: HPLIP Plugin problem

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Though jessie-backports has 3.16.11 too, the stock Jessie version should support it:

Code: Select all

HPLIP 3.10.5 - This release has the following changes:
Significant Changes:
Added support for the following new Printers:

- HP Photosmart D110 Series Printer
- HP LaserJet Professional P1102w Printer
- HP Laserjet Professional P1102 Printer
- HP LaserJet Professional M1132 Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Professional P1566
- HP LaserJet Professional P1606dn Printer
- HP Officejet 4000 K210 Printer
- HP Officejet 4400 K410 All-in-One Printer
- HP LaserJet M5039 Multifunction Printer

Many HP printers require that you download a PPD file for your printer through the HP GUI. Have you tried this yet?
MX Linux packager and developer