Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

apache2 & Nginx & rutorrent with a website for a seedbox

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
idiocrate

apache2 & Nginx & rutorrent with a website for a seedbox

#1 Post by idiocrate »

Greetings,

I'm new on the Linux world and i'm not native english speaker, please be king :)

recently i bought a naked server, i want to learn Linux system and improve my skills for m IT career.
anyway, i succeed to install apache2 & php7.0 and my website does work.

recently i tried to install a seedbox and i have a few questions regarding thoses technologies,
in most tutorial i read they use Nginx & Apache2 but i'm having a hard time to figure how thoses work together...
if i understand correctly Nginx is better for servince static content ( because he use a cache or something ?? ) and apache2 is better for service php content !??

it's then optimal to use Nginx as a "front web server" which redirect some request to apache ??
when i try this obviously it doesn"t work since both want to work on the same port. i don"t understand the concept of virtualhost which seems important to make them work together correctly.

i understand that rtorrent is a basic software for torrent but what is exactly libtorrent ?
if i understand correctly rutorrent is a php software which work with rtorrent ?

anyway is someone can explain me or link me some noob friendly documentation i will appreciate !!

Best regards ! :)

GarryRicketson

Re: apache2 & Nginx & rutorrent with a website for a seedbox

#2 Post by GarryRicketson »

The search engines will give you many links.

Example:
by idiocrate » i don"t understand the concept of virtualhost which seems important to make them work together correctly
understanding the concept of virtualhost

or
what is exactly libtorrent ?
Post by idiocrate »i'm not native english speaker
Neither am I, I have found it is usually better to use my native language in the keywords when I do searches, that way I get results in my native language.

You seem to have many questions, it is better to limit your questions to 1 specific question, and give explicit details to the specific problem. With many questions, it leads to a diverse topic and is hard to follow.
For example, there might actually be some forums that are in your native language that cover most of the many questions you have, and we could give you a link to some or one, but you do not even bother to tell us what your native language is.
by idiocrate »I'm new on the Linux world , -----snip ----- someone can explain me or link me some noob friendly documentation i will appreciate

It sounds like you are also new to asking questions on a technical forum, this may not seem "noob friendly", but you should read this, and learn how to ask your questions in a intelligent way:
how to ask smart questions
It might help to open the link with a translator, so you can read it in your native language.

debiman

Re: apache2 & Nginx & rutorrent with a website for a seedbox

#3 Post by debiman »

idiocrate wrote:in most tutorial i read they use Nginx & Apache2 but i'm having a hard time to figure how thoses work together...
they usually don't, it's either apache2 or nginx.
if i understand correctly Nginx is better for servince static content ( because he use a cache or something ?? ) and apache2 is better for service php content !??
no.
but apache2 is usually overkill for small servers.
it's then optimal to use Nginx as a "front web server" which redirect some request to apache ??
unlikely.

once you get your web servers (apache or nginx) sorted out, find yourself a tutorial onj how to use rutorrent on your chosen server.