Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

no bluetooth sound at all, connected to headset with mic

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
kalidus

no bluetooth sound at all, connected to headset with mic

#1 Post by kalidus »

Hi!
im new to the forum and to debian, i installed archlinux but it was....way too much for a begginer like me.
Im hoping for a good soul to help me in this, its been a day fighting with it without any luck...
I have debian 9 stable, and im using kde plasma.
So far i have nvidia drivers installed, dual monitor configured and deleted cinnamon and mate bc they werent made for me.
Then i tried to connect the bluetooth headset with a generic usb bluetooth (both work in windoze). It does recognize and connect without problems out of the box, but theres no audio at all.
then i tried following this guide (https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser/a2dp), with the same results. it does connect but no audio.
Mention that the headset has also a microphone.
Thanks in advance!

kalidus

Re: no bluetooth sound at all, connected to headset with mic

#2 Post by kalidus »

after almost a month of dealing with it, i solved it by switching to linux mint.