Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

System won't boot after shutdown

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
alexandra_m

System won't boot after shutdown

#1 Post by alexandra_m »

Hello guys and gals,

Last night I shutdown my Debian stretch system and couldn't get it to boot this morning.

I'm a beginner, I installed the system months (years ?) ago using a guided encrypted setup with LVM (nothing fancy regarding partitions: / and /swap). I can't remember if I did anything special last night that could have led to this situation (I manually apt-get update && apt-get upgrade daily), one thing I think I remember though is that when the system was shutting down, it outputed some lines about cleaning something, memory or disks errors presumably (it already did that, never had problems booting back so I didn't care much). I use an SSD just in case that info would be useful.

Here are two pictures of the errors (album on imgur) :

On the first picture, everything that is on screen has always been there except for the following line :
alg: hash: digest failed on test 1 for crc32c-intel: ret=126
The second picture is taken after I successfully enter my passphrase.

The interesting bit is probably this one:
EXT4-fs (dm-1): Cannot load crc32c driver
Any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex

Edit: I've been able to access the content of the drive by pluging it into another Debian machine using a USB <-> SATA adapter so it seems like it is not a drive failure