Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SOLVED - Weird Samba network issue.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Huecuva

SOLVED - Weird Samba network issue.

#1 Post by Huecuva »

I have Samba installed on my Debian 9.5 server. I am able to access the shares easily from my Windows rig, but from my Mint HTPC it is a little different. If I click on Network in the file manager, it goes to network:/// where I can find the Mint rig I'm currently using as well as something called Windows Network. When I click on Windows Network, it goes to smb:/// where I should see my windows rig and my server (for some reason even though it's a Linux server it's under Windows Network, I assume it has something to do with samba). I see neither of those things. I will figure out the networking for the windows rig another time. However, in order to access my server (for the purposes of this post I will call it huecserver) I have to type into the location bar at the top of the file manager smb://huecserver and only then it will allow me to access the shares on my server. This is inconvenient, to say the least. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this problem? It worked fine under Debian 8.

Thanks.
Last edited by Huecuva on 2018-08-26 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Huecuva

Re: Weird Samba network issue.

#2 Post by Huecuva »

Alright. Never mind. I figured this one out. It just took a simple extra line in my smb.conf file.

Code: Select all

client max protocol = NT1
Right under the workgroup = WORKGROUP line.

All fixed now.