Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Looking for live-usb ...

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Debian_purist

[SOLVED] Looking for live-usb ...

#1 Post by Debian_purist »

with Buster , and preferable with DE ( plasma-desktop , xfce , gnome , mate , etc )
tia !
Last edited by Debian_purist on 2018-09-03 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

bw123

Re: Looking for live-usb ...

#2 Post by bw123 »

Try something here I don't know exactly what's available, buster isn;t released yet. I usually don't get serious with testing images until there is a release candidate, they are usually pretty good by that point.
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Debian_purist

#3 Post by Debian_purist »

^
thx dude ! 8)

btw : what the heck is > cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/buster_di_alpha3/amd64/iso-cd/debian-buster-DI-alpha3-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso

di between buster and alpha

tia !

Wheelerof4te

#4 Post by Wheelerof4te »

^That is a Buster alpha installer, which will get you XFCE DE when installed. It is not live CD.
Only released versions of Debian have a live image.

Dai_trying

#5 Post by Dai_trying »

There are some live-cd images for buster https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdima ... so-hybrid/ but I haven't used (or tried) them so YMMV.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#6 Post by CwF »

You could skip live iso's if you have a writeable usb and just make a bootable image on a usb drive.
I mentioned elsewhere today using a bootable usb. I actually use an ssd with a usb adapter for increases versatility, ie usb or sata. Works fine.

If you prefer the hard way there is live-boot, live-build, live-image-xfce-desktop and the like to create your own. All those are *all.deb's.

Dai_trying

#7 Post by Dai_trying »

All the "Live-Cd" images in the link I posted would not fit onto a cd, the term Live-Cd is used simply to denote that it will run as a live environment and the images should be written either to a dvd or usb device. I usually use Live-cd's (written to usb stick) to test new systems for compatibility but use an installation image to perform the installation (if required) although it is possible to use the live images (it was when I last checked anyway) for installation but some users have reported problems with that.