Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How do I check if I have 32 bit drivers installed?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
pcmhdhp

How do I check if I have 32 bit drivers installed?

#1 Post by pcmhdhp »

I’m trying to install the battle.net app for overwatch and whenever I try to launch it I get the “A required DLL could not be found” and the FAQ says:
If using OpenGL: Make sure you have 32 bit drivers installed (Blizzard App is 32 bit)

If using DXVK, and it works with OpenGL: Make sure you install Vulkan correctly, including 32 bit.

One, how do I know if I’m using OpenGL? I’m just using lutris with the wine-staging. How do I see if I have 32 bit drivers installed? I installed my drivers following this [https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install- ... etch-linux] guide.

And heres my full settings:
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64
Packages: 2441
Shell: bash 4.4.12
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: LXDE
WM: OpenBox
WM Theme: Artwiz-boxed
GTK Theme: Adwaita-dark [GTK2]
Icon Theme: nuoveXT2
Font: Sans 10
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core @ 3.2GHz
GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.8.0 / 4.9.0-8-amd64, LLVM 3.9.1)
RAM: 1707MiB / 7983MiB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as Overwatch is probably my number one played game.

kevinthefixer

Re: How do I check if I have 32 bit drivers installed?

#2 Post by kevinthefixer »

At the very least you need to enable multiple architectures, specifically i386 as well as amd64:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt-update
You may need to install wine32 also. For my installation I followed https://wiki.debian.org/Wine which is where I shamelessly plagiarized the line above from.

pcmhdhp

#3 Post by pcmhdhp »

Looks like I'm missing ncrypt.dll & libcef.dll for battle.net how can I get these .dlls

debiman

#4 Post by debiman »

pcmhdhp wrote:Looks like I'm missing ncrypt.dll & libcef.dll for battle.net how can I get these .dlls
the file extensions suggest that these are windows dlls, so you need to install them either through a dedicated wine package (i don't think one exists) or the windows way: find online, execute setup.exe (through wine program loader) or drop the dll to the appropriate WINDOWS system directory (usually somewhere under ~/.wine).