Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Steam won't open even after fresh Debian installation

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
debiman

Re: Steam won't open even after fresh Debian installation

#21 Post by debiman »

^ i think you misinterpreted my intentions - as i said, i am holding a mirror for HoaS, in the tradition of Till Eulenspiegel if you will.
No, i don't give a crap about "words" either, i do however give a crap about two-faced PC trolls like HoaS.

you are not involved in this, and i don't want to involve you, i just wanted to offer some explanation, since you haven't been around when this particular crap hit the fan some weeks ago. first here on fdn, then on duf.

but i'm sure HoaS understood what this is all about.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Steam won't open even after fresh Debian installation

#22 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Ho hum, I suppose the OP has been scared off by us bickering like a married couple so let's trash the thread, eh?
debiman wrote:i am holding a mirror for HoaS, in the tradition of Till Eulenspiegel if you will.
Oooh, nice folklore link, thanks for that :)

I'm not sure I understand the mirror thing though.
two-faced PC trolls
^ I don't really understand this either, sorry.

If the accusation is that I am a two-faced troll who cherishes human rights as something worth fighting for then I would take issue only with the "two-faced" bit.

I've been pretty honest in my time here but I do restrain myself from prolonged attacks (and I am often tempted) and try to keep the troubleshoot:troll ratio fairly favourable. I cast this restriction aside for the "other" Debian forums because they were created after the members decided these boards were over moderated (yes, I know) and did not allow people to speak their minds so I do believe I was acting within the mores of the community (as I am here).

Over at the BunsenLabs forums I had to play nice because that's what the rules say, I really can't understand why you are so aggrieved that I was not more nasty there, if that's what you mean by "two-faced".
debiman wrote:this particular crap hit the fan some weeks ago. first here on fdn, then on duf.
You're being melodramatic again, are you still bitter that I got your threads closed? :mrgreen:
debiman wrote:i'm sure HoaS understood what this is all about.
Not really, no. But I'm sure that I don't care :D
deadbang