Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Steam won't open even after fresh Debian installation

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Head_on_a_Stick

Re: Steam won't open even after fresh Debian installation

#16 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

debiman wrote:How can people be allowed to post this sort of insulting content here.
It didn't seem to bother the recipient...
they think it's only a joke, but they're making us debian users look really bad.
My actions here are not intended to represent the community but I don't really give a crap, frankly :D
i demand Head_on_a_Stick to be expelled immediately.
OK, fine, start a vote thread about my presence here, I will abide by the result.
If the moderators of this site don't react, then the problem is bigger than I thought.
Drama queen.
deadbang

piper

#17 Post by piper »

debiman wrote:
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Dirty boy! :shock:
How can people be allowed to post this sort of insulting content here.
they think it's only a joke, but they're making us debian users look really bad.
i demand Head_on_a_Stick to be expelled immediately.
If the moderators of this site don't react, then the problem is bigger than I thought.

Holy separation of concerns, Batman!

debiman, relax mate, no harm done

How does humour make debian users look bad ?

Did you know that debian users are human ?

Did you know that humans have humour ?

If you think any of this is insulting, your the reason this country has to put directions on shampoo.

Life is to short ... live a little ... here, have some humour ... or do you live in a country/society where that's not allowed.

The 2 of us gave advise, we had fun doing so, is that a crime ?

Does the humour violate Debian's DFSG Licenses ?

After all, humour is Free .. Free as in free beer and Free Software ... That mate, is good for debian

debiman

#18 Post by debiman »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Drama queen.
oh, you just did it again.
both your remarks reveal your deep-rooted genderism, i would even call it sexism. you know, males are this, females are that.
i wonder what Coraline would say?
i think i should inform them.

@piper: see here for context. i'm holding up a mirror for HoaS.

Head_on_a_Stick

#19 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

debiman wrote:oh, you just did it again
I fear you have mistaken me for somebody who actually cares :mrgreen:

Please stop derailing this thread with your noise, go bother some n00bs over at LQ or something... :roll:
deadbang

piper

#20 Post by piper »

debiman wrote:
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:Drama queen.
oh, you just did it again.
both your remarks reveal your deep-rooted genderism, i would even call it sexism. you know, males are this, females are that.
i wonder what Coraline would say?
i think i should inform them.

@piper: see here for context. i'm holding up a mirror for HoaS.
debiman, I have enjoyed debian sid for a very long time, I could give 2 shits about politics/policy/etc, I am too old for that crap and don't want to be involved.

Words are just that, I was raised that there is no such thing as a swear word, that there is however, a time and place and age when to use those words, if words hurt a person, a person that knows words are going to hurt them, that person shouldn't be in that discussion/conversation/thread/ full stop. But, many do to just start crap and complain

So please, don't include me by giving me links to crap that I give 2 shits about

Helping users is the only reason I stop here, my humour gets me in trouble, personally, I don't give a crap with that either, 12 grandchildren and really nothing bothers me, nor really something I haven't seen or heard before, sometimes I do get surprised, but, those are usually from grown-ups.

This place is for support, I will help anybody I can, including non-free, if someone has a problem with that, they don't have to read it, if it becomes a bigger problem, I move on, (I am a nobody) crap happens, there are better forums for debian.

Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone

debiman

#21 Post by debiman »

^ i think you misinterpreted my intentions - as i said, i am holding a mirror for HoaS, in the tradition of Till Eulenspiegel if you will.
No, i don't give a crap about "words" either, i do however give a crap about two-faced PC trolls like HoaS.

you are not involved in this, and i don't want to involve you, i just wanted to offer some explanation, since you haven't been around when this particular crap hit the fan some weeks ago. first here on fdn, then on duf.

but i'm sure HoaS understood what this is all about.

Head_on_a_Stick

#22 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

Ho hum, I suppose the OP has been scared off by us bickering like a married couple so let's trash the thread, eh?
debiman wrote:i am holding a mirror for HoaS, in the tradition of Till Eulenspiegel if you will.
Oooh, nice folklore link, thanks for that :)

I'm not sure I understand the mirror thing though.
two-faced PC trolls
^ I don't really understand this either, sorry.

If the accusation is that I am a two-faced troll who cherishes human rights as something worth fighting for then I would take issue only with the "two-faced" bit.

I've been pretty honest in my time here but I do restrain myself from prolonged attacks (and I am often tempted) and try to keep the troubleshoot:troll ratio fairly favourable. I cast this restriction aside for the "other" Debian forums because they were created after the members decided these boards were over moderated (yes, I know) and did not allow people to speak their minds so I do believe I was acting within the mores of the community (as I am here).

Over at the BunsenLabs forums I had to play nice because that's what the rules say, I really can't understand why you are so aggrieved that I was not more nasty there, if that's what you mean by "two-faced".
debiman wrote:this particular crap hit the fan some weeks ago. first here on fdn, then on duf.
You're being melodramatic again, are you still bitter that I got your threads closed? :mrgreen:
debiman wrote:i'm sure HoaS understood what this is all about.
Not really, no. But I'm sure that I don't care :D
deadbang