Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro - Bluetooth / Backlit Keyboard / Etc

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
TuftsOfWisps

Samsung Notebook 9 Pro - Bluetooth / Backlit Keyboard / Etc

#1 Post by TuftsOfWisps »

Hey everyone,

I recently just joined the forums and I had a few questions about the system. For background, I've used Debian for quite a while but recently bought a new laptop. After finishing the installation process, I've been working on customizing the computer to my own personal tastes. I chose the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro because of some of its fun features and I wanted to test if these features would be possible with Debian.

Here is the list of features that I wanted to try out:
Backlit Keyboard
Independent Bluetooth Capabilities
S Pen Programs
Facial Recognition

I've already done research on all of these topics and wanted to see if anyone on the forum had any advice or next steps.

It seems Debian actually isn't able to use the backlit keyboard but people have tried scripts for making it possible. I don't have a background in Computer Science and I don't know the next steps.

For my last computer, I bought an independent USB Bluetooth adapter and when plugged into this computer, works smoothly. I'd still like to maximize the computer's efficiency and figure out the already set up Bluetooth system.

The stylus seems to work as a regular pointer but loses some of its capabilities. It often isn't able to pull up the on-screen keyboard and can't use the majority of its functions. I also don't know how to correctly set the preferences because the system settings require a Wacom tablet. All of the research I've done online seems to not help with the problem.

Thank you so much for all the help and feedback! If there is anything that needs elaboration, please let me know. If anyone else ran into these problems and have possible fixes, please don't hesitate to email me at ronellbenjamin@gmail.com

I'm right now working on the facial recognition part and hopefully, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I'm setting up "Howdy!" which should work for my computer. Here is the link for anyone else who wants to set up facial recognition:
https://www.freeyourdesktop.com/2018/07 ... cognition/

Best Regards,
TuftsOfWisps