Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

i have a hurt at the right hand, my main hand

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
oui

i have a hurt at the right hand, my main hand

#1 Post by oui »

i have a hurt at the right hand, my main hand, and can't use it at all!

if it would be possible to split virtually the keyboard,(both half at the left side, alt. both sides at the right side, in case of hurt at the other hand, and back to normal keyboard function, if you don't find the right keys for special signs lile @[]/^"'¦) it would probably be a great help as in linux no "via voice" is available!

perhaps we have some *deb ready (develop with one hand would be illusion now!) to do that (as i use the normal us or better the us inl keyboard for ex. through setxkbmap, not some keyboard of a limited location like de, fr, ch de or ch fr!)?

ruwolf

Re: i have a hurt at the right hand, my main hand

#2 Post by ruwolf »

I do not know, it help you, but there is packages.debian.org: pocketsphinx (it is pre-alpha version, which means it is very immature).
You can make your own key-map, but it is different for virtual consoles and for GUI, e.g.: help.ubuntu.com: Custom keyboard layout definitions.

oui

Re: i have a hurt at the right hand, my main hand

#3 Post by oui »

thank you very much, perhaps it can help a bit!