Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SOLVED: Bumblebee with nvidia primus

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
rossholmes

SOLVED: Bumblebee with nvidia primus

#1 Post by rossholmes »

Hello Guys,

Yes, that would yet another request regarding nvidia. I would like to kindly ask you to support a newbie with setting up bumblebee to work with nvidia proprietary drivers on an optimus capable laptop. Here is what I have done so far:

- Installed packages according to Debian's wiki Bumblebee section:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install bumblebee-nvidia primus libgl1-nvidia-glx primus-libs:i386 libgl1-nvidia-glx:i386

- added my user to bumblebee group
- didn't created xorg.xonf file during post-install as suggested by wiki page

Here is what I did experience:

- optirun runs steam, however doesn't launch any of my games (black screen)
- optirun reports an error no such file or directory when trying to run optirun glxgears -info
- steam was screaming for some nvidia legacy drivers to install
- Nvidia Xserver settings doesn't launch

As I am not a very experienced Linux admin, I don't exactly know how I could start my troubleshooting in order to find out my current setup, and do necessary adjustments if needed. This is why I greatly welcome any suggestions, advice regarding to this.

Many thanks for any help.

UPDATE: I've followed this guide https://www.pcsuggest.com/install-and-c ... in-debian/ and managed to get everything working correctly.