Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

rm + -r + root is disaster!!!

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
silas2

rm + -r + root is disaster!!!

#1 Post by silas2 »

I've removed my dpkg!!! I am a beginner.....anyway i think i've recovered it enough by following this https://askubuntu.com/questions/383339/ ... -directory, but i've just run sudo apt-get update which worked but listed a load of apps I've already installed with :

Code: Select all

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libreoffice-calc' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
etc...
Is this a problem? What should I do? Please don't say wipe!

silas2

Re: rm + -r + root is disaster!!!

#2 Post by silas2 »

Actually, I think I'm ok, I've just run the rest of the healing commands and it looks like the installed packages have found their package lists.

stevepusser

Re: rm + -r + root is disaster!!!

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Just restore your damaged system from your backup--Timeshift is dead simple to use.

You especially need to do that if you run commands off the Net without understanding what they do. :roll:
MX Linux packager and developer