Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Fail to install Debian on nvme

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Kenshin Himura

Fail to install Debian on nvme

#1 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme? I use uefi native .

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fail to install Debian on nvme

#2 Post by p.H »

Unable to compute. Available data insufficient.

cuckooflew

#3 Post by cuckooflew »

My humble opinion, ignore this kind of post,no details= no answers:

Ever wonder why your post isn't getting answered?
The third most likely reason is that you have not provided enough information on your problem for someone to help you. Try adding as much detailed information on the problem as you can along with what machine you have and it's specifications as well as specifically stating which version of Debian you are using.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - Catb.org
=====
Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
Maybe because you have not bothered to read anything, documentation etc....
why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
===
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

Kenshin Himura

#4 Post by Kenshin Himura »

cuckooflew wrote:My humble opinion, ignore this kind of post,no details= no answers:

Ever wonder why your post isn't getting answered?
The third most likely reason is that you have not provided enough information on your problem for someone to help you. Try adding as much detailed information on the problem as you can along with what machine you have and it's specifications as well as specifically stating which version of Debian you are using.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - Catb.org
=====
Does anyone knows why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
Maybe because you have not bothered to read anything, documentation etc....
why i cant install Debian testing on my nvme?
===
What info do you need?

cuckooflew

#5 Post by cuckooflew »

Everything you have not told us, Hardware details, you say it is a NVME, but what kind:EG, Samsung, adata xpg, WD, seagate, and so on....
What image/type of Debian installer, yes you do say it is testing,but is it netinstll, CD, DVD , usb, etc. ?
At what point does the install fail, ? or does the install device just not boot ? There should be some kind of error messages, a explicit description of how you are trying to install,what you do , etc.
There is actually a lot of information on this, if you bothered doing any searches, one thread on this forum as well : http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 22&start=0, If you want help, you need to put some effort into it your self, and give a good clear description of the problem, instead of asking people play 20 questions,to get the details,use some logic, we do not know what you have done,or did not do, no body can guess at why you can not install , we don't even know how you tried to install, did you put the install CD into the optical drive ? or if it is USB , did you put the image on the USB correctly, and is the USB device plugged in ? Do you have any handicaps or other problems that we should know about ? EG ,reading disability, unable to access search engines, brain damage, stroke, etc... ? That is ok,if you do, but you should tell us ahead of time , so we know you need "special" attention. Debian testing might not be the best choice for you, in fact Debian might not be a good choice, but that is another topic.
====edited====
Off topic, but speaking of handicaps, and seriously you or any one asking questions, and trying to get help, it is ok , but it is a important detail and should be included in the first post. Like wise, those trying to help, for example, me , maybe I sound rude or crude and socially unacceptable, but seriously I don't have that much time left, and on very high doses of pain medicine sometimes it gets confusing , and sometimes I am somewhat grumpy, ..maybe I should just not respond?
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Search Engines know a lot, and
"If God had wanted computers to work all the time, He wouldn't have invented RESET buttons"
and
Just say NO to help vampires!

Kenshin Himura

#6 Post by Kenshin Himura »

Disk samsung mzvlb512hajq
debian-live-10.2.0-amd64-gnome+nonfree.iso
the installation proceeds and completes successfully, but it can boot up into DE leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left
I made a usb with both dd and cp commands as they suggest and the site of Debian but both failed to boot up.
Only if i use legacy boot it makes it to the DE.

Kenshin Himura

#7 Post by Kenshin Himura »

cuckooflew wrote:Everything you have not told us, Hardware details, you say it is a NVME, but what kind:EG, Samsung, adata xpg, WD, seagate, and so on....
What image/type of Debian installer, yes you do say it is testing,but is it netinstll, CD, DVD , usb, etc. ?
At what point does the install fail, ? or does the install device just not boot ? There should be some kind of error messages, a explicit description of how you are trying to install,what you do , etc.
There is actually a lot of information on this, if you bothered doing any searches, one thread on this forum as well : http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 22&start=0, If you want help, you need to put some effort into it your self, and give a good clear description of the problem, instead of asking people play 20 questions,to get the details,use some logic, we do not know what you have done,or did not do, no body can guess at why you can not install , we don't even know how you tried to install, did you put the install CD into the optical drive ? or if it is USB , did you put the image on the USB correctly, and is the USB device plugged in ? Do you have any handicaps or other problems that we should know about ? EG ,reading disability, unable to access search engines, brain damage, stroke, etc... ? That is ok,if you do, but you should tell us ahead of time , so we know you need "special" attention. Debian testing might not be the best choice for you, in fact Debian might not be a good choice, but that is another topic.
====edited====
Off topic, but speaking of handicaps, and seriously you or any one asking questions, and trying to get help, it is ok , but it is a important detail and should be included in the first post. Like wise, those trying to help, for example, me , maybe I sound rude or crude and socially unacceptable, but seriously I don't have that much time left, and on very high doses of pain medicine sometimes it gets confusing , and sometimes I am somewhat grumpy, ..maybe I should just not respond?
Maybe you should visit a psychiatrist. Unfortunately you can't learn manners in internet, this is something you take from family, school, throught interaction with other individuals and experience.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by CwF »

Kenshin Himura wrote:leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left
...at which point you hit <Ctrl><Alt><F1>

Kenshin Himura

#9 Post by Kenshin Himura »

CwF wrote:
Kenshin Himura wrote:leaving me with a black screen and a white line up left
...at which point you hit <Ctrl><Alt><F1>
Thanks for feedback. If i encounter again this problem i ll try it. For now i managed for reasons i can't understand as newbie, to install Debian xfce testing in native uefi throught calamar Installer, the graphical keeps failing in every step.