Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

I can't remove libreoffice [SOLVED]

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
jozmak

I can't remove libreoffice [SOLVED]

#1 Post by jozmak »

Hello,

I am running debian buster in chromebook container.

I installed libbreoffice from the .deb package a few weeks ago. Yestreday, I downloaded and installed the latest libreoffice version 6.4. It works great. Now, I have two versions installed. I want to remove the older version (6.3), but I can't.

When I run

Code: Select all

jozmak@penguin:~$ sudo dpkg -P libreoffice
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove libreoffice which isn't installed
jozmak@penguin:~$ sudo dpkg -r libreoffice
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove libreoffice which isn't installed
jozmak@penguin:~$ 
But libreoffice is instaled

jozmak@penguin:~$ sudo dpkg -l
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                              Version                                    Architect
=================================================-==========================================-==.
ii  libreoffice6.3                                    6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-base                               6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-calc                               6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-debian-menus                       6.3.3-2                                    all      
ii  libreoffice6.3-dict-en                            6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-dict-es                            6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-dict-fr                            6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-draw                               6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-en-us                              6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-impress                            6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-math                               6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-ure                                6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.3-writer                             6.3.3.2-2                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4                                    6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-base                               6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-calc                               6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-debian-menus                       6.4.0-3                                    all      
ii  libreoffice6.4-dict-en                            6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-dict-es                            6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-dict-fr                            6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-draw                               6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-en-us                              6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-impress                            6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-math                               6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-ure                                6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
ii  libreoffice6.4-writer                             6.4.0.3-3                                  amd64    
Does anyone know how can I proceed from here?

I've tried to remove libreoffice by using synaptic but synaptic doesn't work due to the fact that in chromebook the debian container runs under wayland and synaptic is not compatible with wayland.

Thank you
Last edited by jozmak on 2020-01-30 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Head_on_a_Stick

Re: I can't remove libreoffice

#2 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

# aptitude purge libreoffice6.3
If that doesn't remove the rest of the 6.3 suite then you'll have to enter them manually. Use brace expansion to save some effort:

# aptitude purge libreoffice6.3{,-{base,calc,etc}}
Replace etc with the names of the other packages (separated with commas).
deadbang

jozmak

Re: I can't remove libreoffice

#3 Post by jozmak »

Thanks a lot.
Aptitude did the trick.