Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Gnome settings in Budgie menu

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
mickymow

Gnome settings in Budgie menu

#1 Post by mickymow »

I'm attempting to convert from Solus Budgie and loving it!

One thing I miss is having the gnome-control-center items (displays, power, sharing etc) listed in the Budgie menu. Am I missing something outside gnome-core that allows this to happen?

Chrisdb

Re: Gnome settings in Budgie menu

#2 Post by Chrisdb »

mickymow wrote:I'm attempting to convert from Solus Budgie and loving it!

One thing I miss is having the gnome-control-center items (displays, power, sharing etc) listed in the Budgie menu. Am I missing something outside gnome-core that allows this to happen?
gnome-control-center is installed as dependency of the budgie-desktop package, so it should be available

How did you install Budgie?

mickymow

#3 Post by mickymow »

I used the netinst with no DE selected then apt installed budgie-desktop and gnome-core.

The settings manager gnome-control-center is definitely available, but I'm looking to have the individual options in it be displayed as items in the launcher for quicker access.

Chrisdb

#4 Post by Chrisdb »

Did you have a look at menulibre:
https://packages.debian.org/nl/buster/menulibre