Applications & Distro Environment

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

Applications & Distro Environment

Postby judasviking » 2020-02-20 22:09

Hi guys,

I just installed Debian for the first time with KDE Plasma, im very happy to be a part oh this distrubution.

Im not a experienced linux user although i have used linux for about 10 years, i mean im not at the terminal level.

Anyway have some questions regarding applications such as spotify and so on, i have hard time to find or install that program.
I have read quite much about it , flatpaks / terminal and stuff but i still cant find it or install it properly.

I also have a question if it is easy to install another desktop environment, i have to admit i like gnome more than this plasma and i really dont want to re-install everything again :P

And at the last, i have downloaded the Nvidia driver but i haven't enabled it? Thats what i get when i try opening Nvidia settings,
Thanks!
judasviking

Re: Applications & Distro Environment

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-02-21 04:59

judasviking wrote:Anyway have some questions regarding applications such as spotify and so on, i have hard time to find or install that program.

Enter "spotify flatpak" into your search engine and follow the instructions.

judasviking wrote:if it is easy to install another desktop environment

Yes:
Code: Select all
# tasksel

You should only post one question per thread (with a clear title that reflects the problem) so open more for other questions. But please read the relevant Debian wiki pages first.

See also viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47078
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Return to Beginners Questions