Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 10 buster non-free live usb persistence encrypted

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
scar3meplz

Debian 10 buster non-free live usb persistence encrypted

#1 Post by scar3meplz »

Hello everyone!
I need create live iso with usb flash(external ssd) with persistence and ecrypted part. Early i use kali and parrot and i not have problem, but i not need security tools, and many secfunc...
Please help me how i can make it plz....
I work with standart docs of kali.
My main OS is windows :( and i create iso project on flash drive with rufus in ISO mode, not DD. I can edit grub files with ISO mode.
My steps:
I upload img on flash with rufus and i have minitool partition wizard for my persistence part i create ext4 and i try(ext2, ext3)
after i reboot and enter in live mode
sudo fdisk -l | grep /dev/ (i see my parts and choice my part of usb)
sudo cryptsetup --verbose --verify-passphrase luksFormat /dev/sda2 (i create password of persistence part)
sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda2 my_usb (open ecrypted part with my pass)
sudo mkfs.ext3 -L persistence /dev/mapper/my_usb (change label and format ext3)
sudo mkdir -p /mnt/my_usb (make dir for mount)
sudo mount /dev/mapper/my_usb /mnt/my_usb (mount my disk)
sudo bash -c "echo '/ union' > /mnt/my_usb/persistence.conf" (create file with persistence flag)
sudo umount /dev/mapper/my_usb (unmount my disk)
sudo cryptsetup luksClose /dev/mapper/my_usb (close cryptdisk)
after this steps i go to winOS and edit my grub on flash drive
/boot/grub/grub.cfg
i have this:
menuentry "Debian GNU/Linux Live (kernel 4.19.0-9-amd64)" {
linux /live/vmlinuz-4.19.0-9-amd64 boot=live components splash quiet "${loopback}"
initrd /live/initrd.img-4.19.0-9-amd64
after edit i have this:
menuentry "Debian GNU/Linux Live (kernel 4.19.0-9-amd64)" {
linux /live/vmlinuz-4.19.0-9-amd64 boot=live components splash quiet persistent=cryptsetup persistence-encryption=luks persistence"${loopback}"
initrd /live/initrd.img-4.19.0-9-amd64
i try delete quiet but this not help...
I try edit /isolinux/menu.cfg and added this persistent=cryptsetup persistence-encryption=luks persistence, but nothing :(
after this i start live mode, i check grub in edit mode 'e', i see my words persistence and other, but i start in simple live mode... :(
debian can't see ecrypted disk :( i read on forum need start persistence mode, but how? please help me...
may be who help with edit custom iso image, i see methods, but not understand their...
May be i need unstable version? but i can't see on site :(
i find http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=95342&start=15 but it's very old :(