USB install

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

USB install

Postby RogerJCooke » 2020-06-27 20:07

I have a Toshiba netbook which which I would like to remove Windows and install Linux Debian. I have a USB install of Debian, but in the bios there is no option to boot from a USB stick, only HDdrive or FFD? Can anyone help a beginner.
RogerJCooke

Re: USB install

Postby LE_746F6D617A7A69 » 2020-06-27 20:23

Please post the netbook type/model -> it's needed, if You want somebody to find the necessary information for You ;)
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed
LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: USB install

Postby cuckooflew » 2020-06-27 23:09

Maybe, this:
Try to change the setting in the BIOS. Enter into the BIOS and change "advanced- system configuration -boot mode" to CSM. After this change, you could boot from USB.

How ever it was a 5 year ago situation, and as all ready mentioned, we do not know what model you have or anything.
There actually are several results on this when I did a search for you. You might have tried them, but if you have not, try using these keywords:
Code: Select all
Boot with USB device on a Toshiba netbook
copy/paste into a search engine, you will see several results , including some youtube videos.
Please Read What we expect you have already Done
Google knows a lot,
God, our Father knows all, maybe ask Him ,
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.

I am not the right colour, so my life does not matter ?
to God it does :)
cuckooflew

Return to Beginners Questions