Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How can I multiplex two audios to Alsa?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
bester69

How can I multiplex two audios to Alsa?

#1 Post by bester69 »

Hi,
I dont know how to multiplex several alsa outpus just like with pulseaudio does automatically,,

My scenary is this:
- Ive a Game, that only works well with a specific wine version that uses Alsa as an output device..
then
- I would need to use discord with Alsa and be able to multiplex both audio stream in the same way pulseaudio always does..

Is there any easy way to achieve this.. or an easy workaround?? :?

Thanks a lot.
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

LE_746F6D617A7A69

Re: How can I multiplex two audios to Alsa?

#2 Post by LE_746F6D617A7A69 »

There are 2 ways (giving the same results) to select the default sound server for wine: using winetricks (the simplest way: set the sound option to "pulse") or edit the registry using regedit: HKCU->Software->Wine->Drivers->Audio [value="pulse"]

But: it won't work so easily if You're running wine from a schroot session -> the session settings have to changed first -> how that "specific wine version" is installed ?
Bill Gates: "(...) In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating system."
The_full_story and Nothing_have_changed

bester69

#3 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:There are 2 ways (giving the same results) to select the default sound server for wine: using winetricks (the simplest way: set the sound option to "pulse") or edit the registry using regedit: HKCU->Software->Wine->Drivers->Audio [value="pulse"]

But: it won't work so easily if You're running wine from a schroot session -> the session settings have to changed first -> how that "specific wine version" is installed ?
Hi, thanks for answering and help :o

I think , not sure, wine version comes compiled against a determined sound driver (alsa or pulseaudio) and sometimes it comes with both (i think).... Im using Playolinux which let you install lots of wine versions.. once installed one of them , i go to wincfg to audio tab and see what drivers sound are available to use...

What happens is that im only able to play Swat4 properly with wine 1.4.1 version, and that version use Alsa ..which doesnt allow me to use other application together to mix sound, such as discord or just listen music at the same time while I play the game...

I just dont find where or which versios use pulse or alsa... i was looking for some kind of datasheets of all wine versions available to find which one use pulse to go for testing several version until I give into one that run the game smooth
bester69 wrote:STOP 2030 globalists demons, keep the fight for humanity freedom against NWO...

bester69

#4 Post by bester69 »

LE_746F6D617A7A69 wrote:There are 2 ways (giving the same results) to select the default sound server for wine: using winetricks (the simplest way: set the sound option to "pulse") or edit the registry using regedit: HKCU->Software->Wine->Drivers->Audio [value="pulse"]

i dont think you can switch from driver sound, Ive seen lower versions gives you pulseaudio and bigger comes with alsa

wine 3.4

wine 1.8.7

bester69

#5 Post by bester69 »

I edited regedit to word pulse:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers]
@="pulse"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\0,default]
"guid"=hex:ae,df,0b,88,5b,ed,21,41,9d,dc,08,40,e8,c8,ab,b9

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\0,plughw:0,0]
"guid"=hex:6a,5a,dd,75,87,2d,43,43,9a,53,65,41,46,d2,82,97

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\0,plughw:0,3]
"guid"=hex:05,9d,c2,fb,96,2f,37,44,83,12,42,62,b3,14,9a,b2

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\1,default]
"guid"=hex:5a,37,94,91,b6,2d,b0,4d,9f,34,7c,aa,3a,d4,4f,d3

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\1,plughw:0,0]
"guid"=hex:b5,b2,da,f5,79,63,76,4f,97,5f,b7,b8,18,ff,1e,25

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winealsa.drv\devices\1,plughw:0,2]
"guid"=hex:86,e7,84,a7,68,8f,8f,44,a4,29,aa,a6,f2,a1,35,dd

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winepulse.drv]

Perhaps winepulse.drv need a guid to be setted, in order to picks pulse, it comes empty
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers\winepulse.drv]
"guid"=<<<<<EMPTY>>>>>

for wine 3.4 , playonlinux log reports.
[POL_SetupWindow_Init] Message: Creating new window for pid 20959
[POL_SetupWindow_Close] Message: Closing window for pid 20959
[POL_System_SetArch] Message: POL_ARCH set to amd64
[POL_Wine] Message: Running wine-3.4 winecfg (Working directory : /usr/share/playonlinux/python)
[POL_Wine] Message: Notice: PlayOnLinux deliberately disables winemenubuilder. See http://www.playonlinux.com/fr/page-26-W ... ilder.html
ALSA lib conf.c:3523:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
[POL_Wine] Message: Wine return: 0

bester69

#6 Post by bester69 »

I guess I will have to learn how to use JACK with real latencty + pulseaudio
https://askubuntu.com/questions/572120/ ... dio-device

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by sunrat »

bester69 wrote:I guess I will have to learn how to use JACK with real latencty + pulseaudio
I don't think JACK will help you run your game through ALSA. Look at dmix for ALSA instead. It's kind of legacy since Pulse but should still work to run multiple applications through ALSA. And you might have to kill Pulse and set autospawn=no to stop Pulse from taking over the sound card.
On a side note, it's easier than ever now to run Pulseaudio through JACK; just install pulseaudio-module-jack and Pulseaudio should automatically route through JACK when JACK is started.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

bester69

#8 Post by bester69 »

sunrat wrote:
bester69 wrote:I guess I will have to learn how to use JACK with real latencty + pulseaudio
I don't think JACK will help you run your game through ALSA. Look at dmix for ALSA instead. It's kind of legacy since Pulse but should still work to run multiple applications through ALSA. And you might have to kill Pulse and set autospawn=no to stop Pulse from taking over the sound card.
On a side note, it's easier than ever now to run Pulseaudio through JACK; just install pulseaudio-module-jack and Pulseaudio should automatically route through JACK when JACK is started.
too much effort to resolve this, does not worthy it,, wont resolve it, linux steal your life if you let it..

Thanks for help, mate :)

reinob

#9 Post by reinob »

bester69 wrote: too much effort to resolve this, does not worthy it,, wont resolve it, linux steal your life if you let it..
As long as your (apparent) goal in life is to force linux to behave like some version of Windows, then yes, you're stealing your own life. Maybe you should just use Windows after all! :)

bester69

#10 Post by bester69 »

reinob wrote:
bester69 wrote: too much effort to resolve this, does not worthy it,, wont resolve it, linux steal your life if you let it..
As long as your (apparent) goal in life is to force linux to behave like some version of Windows, then yes, you're stealing your own life. Maybe you should just use Windows after all! :)
Im agree, perhaps I shoud reconsider keep using linux..

I spare much time trying to figure it out simple things such as how to install a gimp plugin (snap) or stuff like that..Its not notmal, and Im consider myself an advanced user...linux is more for consolidated servers/desktops ..everything new you try gives you a lot of headache.