[SOLVED ]Turn Firewall Off

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

Re: Turn Firewall Off

Postby DaveAmour » 2020-10-01 23:44

Thanks all

And thanks sickpig for helping me decide whether to continue using this forum or not.

See if you can guess the answer
DaveAmour

Re: [SOLVED ]Turn Firewall Off

Postby DaveAmour » 2020-10-01 23:46

I uninstalled the two firewalls I had installed and rebooted then all seemed ok
DaveAmour

Postby sickpig » 2020-10-01 23:55

DaveAmour wrote:And thanks sickpig for helping me decide whether to continue using this forum or not.

See if you can guess the answer

sickpig

Re: Turn Firewall Off

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2020-10-03 09:06

DaveAmour wrote:See if you can guess the answer

Although I note that you reconsidered and decided to share your solution (thank you for that) I would urge you to take a moment to imagine how you would feel if you had a problem which was described in a forum thread as [SOLVED] but which the OP had decided to finish in such a fashion. Would you not think that OP was a complete ****? I know I would.

This is from the Arch community guidelines but it applies to all forums such as this:
Life is a two-way street

A simple, yet profound and undeniable truth. Ensure your thread includes details and information that others will find useful. Share your findings with the community. Share your failures as well. Posting the equivalent of "Nevermind, I fixed it." in your thread or deleting your own posts for similar reasons is not only selfish and useless to the community, but a complete waste of resources and everyone's time. Also, demanding help or showing an obvious impatience toward getting it is unwanted here. Arch is provided by a community of volunteers. Arch users are strongly encouraged to do research, make an effort, report back in the thread, help others, get involved, and contribute to the community.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co ... way_street

DaveAmour wrote:And thanks sickpig for helping me decide whether to continue using this forum or not.

These boards are not your personal helpdesk, they are a shared community resource. Please treat them as such.
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby DaveAmour » 2020-10-04 06:01

Head_on_a_Stick

I won't be using this forum again after being spoken in the manner I have so no need to advise me on how to use the formum
DaveAmour

Postby Hallvor » 2020-10-04 10:04

DaveAmour: Everywhere you go, there are written and/or unwritten rules. This forum is a great place if you take the time to learn about them and follow them - and that goes for every social arena.

Every social arena is also about transactions, and nothing is free: Here you "pay" for free support by following the rules and giving something in return when you can.

If you paid sickpig, I am sure he'd behave like any paid helpdesk.
Lenovo ThinkPad T440S, Intel Core i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Debian Buster (KDE)
Lenovo ThinkPad X240, Intel Core i5-4300U CPU @ 2.90GHz, 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD, Debian Buster (KDE)
Hallvor

Postby sickpig » 2020-10-04 19:49

Hallvor wrote:If you paid sickpig, I am sure he'd behave like any paid helpdesk.

Greetings for the day,

Your request is important to us, some one from our team will shortly attend to it! We appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. Also, please do not forget to RTFM as per AUP and we advise you to not fire off random commands or install packages without fully understanding how they function. You rendering your system useless or not achieving the intended result is not covered in the AUP.

If in doubt please raise a request here. Thank you.
sickpig

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions