Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Odd Bluetooth Question

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
new2youalso

Odd Bluetooth Question

#1 Post by new2youalso »

I have a logitech mouse and keyboard that connect via bluetooth doogle that came with it, and it works fine.
but i also have a regular bluetooth doogle that i use for other things,
why cant my regular doogle see the mouse and keyboard if there bluetooth, can i make it see it?
this way id only have 1 usb used instead of 2 is why im asking.

sgosnell

Re: Odd Bluetooth Question

#2 Post by sgosnell »

You should be able so use just one dongle (not doogle) for everything. But are you positive that the keyboard/mouse combo is actually using bluetooth? Those are usually not bluetooth, but you can get them. The bluetooth manager should be able to find them if they are bluetooth. If not, then the manager will never find them. Many newer computers have a bluetooth adapter built in so no USB adapter is necessary. I have no idea about your computer, though.
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

RU55EL

#3 Post by RU55EL »

What model Logitech keyboard and mouse? Are they wireless, or bluetooth? All of the keyboard and mouse combinations that I've seen are wireless using a proprietary encrypted protocol.

new2youalso

#4 Post by new2youalso »

the Logitech Unifying Receiver doogle is usb rf not bluetooth that was what i was missing so not bluetooth. blah