How to properly run the ldconifig command.

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!

How to properly run the ldconifig command.

Postby Tekmon_Xonic » 2021-02-14 21:00

Greetings everyone.

I'm currently installing some dependencies for cdogs-sdl, one of them is protoc, and I'm following the installation directions here, (https://github.com/protocolbuffers/prot ... /README.md), and I've followed everything up to the "sudo ldconfig # refresh shared library cache." command. I am logged in as super user, but when I attempt to run the final command. It says "bash: ldconifg: command not found". I must not be running this command in the correct way. If anyone could tell me how to properly run this command. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Tekmon_Xonic

Re: How to properly run the ldconifig command.

Postby sunrat » 2021-02-14 21:46

Tekmon_Xonic wrote:Greetings everyone.

I'm currently installing some dependencies for cdogs-sdl, one of them is protoc, and I'm following the installation directions here, (https://github.com/protocolbuffers/prot ... /README.md), and I've followed everything up to the "sudo ldconfig # refresh shared library cache." command. I am logged in as super user, but when I attempt to run the final command. It says "bash: ldconifg: command not found". I must not be running this command in the correct way. If anyone could tell me how to properly run this command. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

You spelled it 3 different ways in your post. Which did you actually try to run?
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!
sunrat

Postby Tekmon_Xonic » 2021-02-14 22:47

sunrat wrote:
Tekmon_Xonic wrote:Greetings everyone.

Thank you for your time.

You spelled it 3 different ways in your post. Which did you actually try to run?

Did I spell 3 different ways?, my apologies. I tried to run the ldconfig command with the parameters "# refresh shared library cache." and got a error saying "bash: ldconifg: command not found."
Tekmon_Xonic

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2021-02-15 05:10

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=142973

EDIT: to clarify: the command is in the /sbin directory so either call the full path, add that directory to your user's PATH, run it with sudo or obtain a root shell with 'su -' before attempting to use it.
Black Lives Matter

Debian buster-backports ISO image: for new hardware support
Head_on_a_Stick

Postby Tekmon_Xonic » 2021-02-15 13:48

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=142973

EDIT: to clarify: the command is in the /sbin directory so either call the full path, add that directory to your user's PATH, run it with sudo or obtain a root shell with 'su -' before attempting to use it.

Thank you very much for your response. The command runs properly now. I appreciate your help. :D
Tekmon_Xonic

Return to Beginners Questions