Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Help needed on setting up a debian mirror

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Cybert79

Help needed on setting up a debian mirror

#1 Post by Cybert79 »

Hi all,

The last days I am struggeling to setup my own mirror. (I want this as we need a local mirror to save on all the bandwidth).
I have tried apt-mirror, aptly, the offical ftpsync, but none of all are maintained or updated.

The best result I got was with apt-mirror, but I was not able to fully mirror it, so our pxe boot (amd64 machines) where not able to find the boot kernel on the mirror. (On the official debian mirrors, hey could)
Is there any clear howto or manual on how I have to setup a mirror for one distribution (buster) that also will download the netboot installers?

Thx!

Dai_trying

Re: Help needed on setting up a debian mirror

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

I had similar issue with apt-mirror, I use the postmirror.sh script to download the files I needed for creating live-images from my local mirror with wget, here are some of the lines I use, you will need to adjust yours to reflect the files you need and the repository you use, but it should get you started.

Code: Select all

wget -P /var/spool/apt-mirror/mirror/deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/cdrom/ deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/cdrom/vmlinuz
wget -P /var/spool/apt-mirror/mirror/deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/cdrom/ deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/installer-amd64/current/images/cdrom/initrd.gz

Note: If you run the clean.sh script from your postmirror.sh script it will always delete these files and so run clean.sh before downloading them.