Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

SLOVED Need to know how to make custom cd of Debian!

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Absent Minded

Re: Need to know how to make custom cd of Debian! Help Please!!

#16 Post by Absent Minded »

okay, I am back up and will be here for a litte while before I have to take off this morinng. How did the net install check out?
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012

emiliec15

#17 Post by emiliec15 »

As stated in a pm to you I installed with the basic cd 1, I'd gotten it to boot the netinst off of an old and literally smoldering usb flash (no longer works) and didn't get anywher (not sure if ndiswrapper is a choice or not :() Oh well, I'vde installed cd1 and I actually LIKE what I see considering its gnome! however I still can't get ndiswrapper to work and I only have 1 cd left...

Absent Minded

#18 Post by Absent Minded »

did you check the package list for the CD-ROM's to see what is where. The packages are in order of most popular to least popular. Also you must have used the standard setup instead of the Expert install as you would have had a choice not to install a gui at that time.
Serving the community the best way I can.
Spreading the tradition of Community Spirit.
Please read some Basic Forum Philosophy
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish, he eats for life.
Updated Nov. 19, 2012

sir fer

#19 Post by sir fer »

hey emiliec, is there no chance of plugging you computer into a wired internet connection while doing the install? That way you could get all the wifi tools you need without needing them on the CDROM.

emiliec15

#20 Post by emiliec15 »

To Sir Fer, I'm sorry for the lack of changing this post to solved...

What I did was download with a livecd the first ten cd's and install the base system using the first cd. After that I rebooted and installed everything else that I needed using the isos. For a full understanding of what I SHOULD have done I have made a post (for those in a similar situation to mine) (I have tested my guide and made sure that it works.

Thanks for the help though..... (even if it was a little late, not your fault)