Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Iceweasel going freaky?

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
tuxracer

Iceweasel going freaky?

#1 Post by tuxracer »

Um, I think this has been brought up before but since I have not witnessed it before I thought I'd ask. Sorry, if this post is somewhat boring. It's not a big deal?

I have Debian Testing (LXDE) installed and I was thinking it might be related to YouTube but not sure yet. I finished installing flash so I thought it might be related to that and YouTube since I tested by playing a YouTube video. I left it on the YouTube site. The screensaver works and it was doing its thing. I tested suspend and when I put the lid down, I had to log in and it displayed an X Window screensaver. Um???? Okay?

Anyway, while on the YouTube site, the site was doing this weird 'graphics' morphing (I don't how to describe it! lol!) thing in which the page was curling into patterns and stuff.

So, what is this? !? :D

Ahtiga Saraz

Re: Iceweasel going freaky?

#2 Post by Ahtiga Saraz »

I am not sure I understand the sequence of events, but the "curling and morphing" sounds like a screensaver I have seen on a Debian system.

If I am right, you should be able to reproduce this behavior regardless of whether or not Iceweasel is open, or what page it is pointed out. Everything you have on the screen should curl and morph.
Ahtiga Saraz

Le peuple debout contre les tyrans! De l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours l'audace!

aj123

Re: Iceweasel going freaky?

#3 Post by aj123 »

It's part of xscreensaver.

http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/screenshots/
"Distort"